Easier than ever to find research support at KI
The web page Research Support & Services has recently been developed to provide an overview of the support and specialised competences available to all researchers, both at their departments and at other units at KI.
What support is available to researchers?
This new presentation of research support is a result of the Lotsen project - one of the main sub-projects within the programme Harmonized professional services. The Lotsen project aimed to summarise, develop and supplement information in order to allow researchers understand what support is available to them within many different areas. The project was run by a group from KI Central Administration (UF) together with three department representatives.
Goals of the project:
- Summarise broad expertise and support offered to researchers within many different areas.
- Contribute to greater understanding of what researchers need to do and when.
- Connect competences at the departments with those at the university administration so that research support processes are linked and efficient.
- Develop a modern web page that presents all available research support, including content development of the following areas:
RSO - Research Support Office
Research Support Office is a new division at KI Central Administration (UF) that was established in January 2021. RSO has coordinated the work within the Lotsen project, and continues to develop content within different areas of research support.
During 2023-2024 we continue to work on clarifying what research support is offered, and how researchers can receive such support. We focus on developing effective communication, simple web navigation, as well as producing modern pedagogical materials (films, pictures, workflows) which aim to increase understanding of different processes and available support.
Communication & content development
Research data management
Research contracts / agreements
The following mentors have been involved to contribute to the Lotsen project work:
Do you have feedback?
The web page Research Support & Services will continue to develop.
- Do you have ideas about what areas and content could be improved?
- Or would you like to become a member of our reference group to improve our web page?