Travel awards for collaboration with the University of Tokyo for doctoral students and post docs
The strategic partnership agreement, signed between Karolinska Institutet and University of Tokyo aims to increase mobility of students and researchers, joint research projects and faculty development programs such as pedagogic training and research supervision.
To facilitate new and existing contacts between researchers and doctoral students as well as increase research collaboration with the University of Tokyo, KI and the Internationalisation Board is pleased to announce the availability of limited competitive funds for a lab visit (1-2 awards) The lab visits can take place within already existing collaborations or to labs with no previous collaborations.
The Travel Award provides support for transportation and housing of 30 000 SEK (including INDI) per person.
Applications should include:
- Statement of interest / Description of the intended activities, including relevance for the ISP (max 350 words)
- Letter of support from the supervisor (if relevant)
- An invitation letter from the proposed host
- Document supporting admission as doctoral student at KI including information about half time seminar (Ladok) (if relevant)
- Bibliography; it is possible to include information about manuscripts (short)
Proposal format: Combine the documents into a single pdf file.
Deadline for applications: 30 October 2023
The decision of funding will be made at the latest 8th of November. The proposed travel should take place between December 2023 and 31 December 2024.
The following aspects will in particular be taken into account:
- Opportunity to use methodology or technology that is unavailable at KI.
- Relevance for the postdoctoral research project or doctoral student’s Individual Study Plan (ISP
- Half-time seminar completed, for doctoral students
- Strengthening of collaborations between KI and UTokyo.
All funded travel awards will require submission of a short travel report that will be published on the KI web site.
It is possible to apply for the travel award more than once but applicants that never have been awarded a travel award for lab visit to UTokyo will be prioritised.
For questions regarding this travel award and for advice regarding contacts with the University of Tokyo, please contact Lotta Lundqvist.
Proposal submission: Email your proposal to Lotta Lundqvist. Proposals submitted after the deadline will not be considered.