Travel awards for collaboration with the University of Edinburgh
To facilitate new and existing contacts between postdoctoral researchers and doctoral students as well as increase research collaboration with the University of Edinburgh, KI’s Internationalisation Board is pleased to announce the availability of limited competitive funds for a lab visit.
The lab visits can take place within already existing collaborations or to labs with no previous collaborations.
The Travel Award provides support for transportation and housing of 9 000 SEK (including INDI) per person.
The Travel Award provides support for transportation and housing of up to 9 000 SEK (including INDI) per person. Travel should be between 3-10 days but can be extended if co-financing is supplied by the supervisor (should be stated in the supervisor’s support letter).
Applications should include:
- Document supporting admission as doctoral student at KI (i.e. LADOK readout)
- Statement of interest and description of the intended activities including relevance to the ISP (max 350 words combined)
- For post docs, statement of interest and description of the intended activities including relevance to the project.
- Letter of support from the supervisor
- An invitation letter from the proposed host
Proposal format: Combine the documents into a single pdf file.
Deadline for applications: 29 October 2023
The decision of funding will be made at the latest 3 November. The proposed travel should take place between December 2023 and 31 December 2024.
The following aspects will in particular be taken into account:
- Opportunity to use or learn methodology or technology that is unavailable at KI.
- Strengthening of collaborations between KI and the University of Edinburgh.
- As the University of Edinburgh and KI are members of the of Eurolife, activities in connection with Eurolife is meritorious.
- Have completed half-time examination (should be stated in the letter of support from the supervisor)
All funded travel awards will require submission of a short travel report that will be published on the KI web site.
It is possible to apply for the travel award more than once but applicants that never have been awarded a travel award for lab visit to University of Edinburgh will be prioritised.
For questions regarding this travel award and for advice regarding contacts with the University of Edinburgh, please contact Academic Coordinator for UK Pete Williams or International Coordinator Lotta Lundqvist.
Proposal submission: Email your proposal to Lotta Lundqvist. Proposals submitted after the deadline will not be considered.