Study of the acute effects of strength and endurance exercise
In this research project we will study the acute effects of strength and endurance training on circulating factors important to physical health. We are looking for 10 healthy and moderately active subjects (both men and women) with an age between 18 and 35 years old.
The participating subjects will complete four visits, where maximal strength and physical fitness will be tested, together with a strength workout, an endurance workout and a resting (control) visit. We will take blood samples in three of the four visits, at three different time points.
- Age: 18-35 yr
- Physically active (between 1 and 4 hours of demanding physical activity per week)
- Healthy and with no known contraindications to perform high-intensity exercise.
All the activities will take place at Karolinska Hospital in Huddinge.
A compensation of SEK 1,500 is paid to subjects participating in the study.
- All the research staff involved in the study will follow a code-of-conduct complying with the recommendations of The Public Health Agency of Sweden.
- You should not have any symptoms such as cough, runny nose, sore throat, etc. when participating.
- All the exercise material is cleaned and sanitised both before and after each testing sessions.