StratNeuro Retreat 2022
The 2022 StratNeuro Retreat will be held at Runö Möten & Events on the 19th-20th of May 2022.
An exclusive day-retreat for 50 PhD Students in the StratNeuro network will be held on the 18th May 2022.
Registrations are closed for in-person attendees at the conference venue.
However, KI researchers wishing to attend the keynote lectures virtually can do so by clicking the respective registration links below.
We are very happy to see the enthusiasm from the network around this meeting!
The StratNeuro Retreat 2022 at Runö Möten & Events (Åkersberga)
18th May 2022: exclusive retreat day reserved for 50 PhD students from the StratNeuro Network.
19th-20th May 2022: main event for the wider neuroscience community from Karolinska Institutet (KI), Umeå University (UMU) and Royal Institute of Technology (KTH).
The StratNeuro PhD student retreat on the 18th May will include workshops and group activities.
In the main event, we welcome our wider neuroscience community from Karolinska Institutet (KI), Umeå University (UMU) and Royal Institute of Technology (KTH).
The scientific program will consist of 4 plenary sessions, 4 parallel break-out sessions. It will cover a broad range of neuroscience topics from the different departments and institutions in the StratNeuro “constellation”.
A major highlight of the StratNeuro retreat is the poster session on the evening of the 19th May – where participants will have the opportunity to network and discuss all the latest exciting work, while enjoying some snacks and drinks. This year, several KI Core Facilities and infrastructures serving the Neuroscience community will be participating at the poster session.
This year, we will welcome 4 internationally renowned keynote speakers. Karolinska Institutet researchers who are not attending the retreat in person still have the possibility to attend the keynote lectures virtually. Please register via the links, below:
- 19th May, 10:00- Uğur Şahin (BioNTech & University Medical Center Mainz, Germany). Basic mechanisms, concepts and applications of mRNA based immunotherapies.
- Chaired by Gonçalo Castelo-Branco (MBB, KI). Click here to register to attend this lecture virtually.
- 19th May, 14:00 - Gaia Tavosanis (U. Bonn, Germany - a NeurotechEU partner). Sparse and plastic: information coding in the mushroom body calyx of Drosophila
- Chaired by Joana Pereira (NVS, KI - also giving a brief introduction on the NeuroTechEU alliance). Click here to register to attend this lecture virtually.
- 20th May, 09:00 - David Nutt (Imperial College London, UK). How psychedelic neuroscience can revolutionize psychiatry and neurology.
- Chaired by Johan Lundberg (CNS, KI). Click here to register to attend this lecture virtually.
- 20th May, 13:00 - Megan R. Carey (Champalimaud Center for the Unknown, Portugal). The complex behaviors of the 'simple' cerebellar circuit (or, how we chew gum and walk at the same time).
- Chaired by Gilad Silberberg (Neuro, KI). Click here to register to attend this lecture virtually.
Do not attend the event and follow the instructions of the Swedish Public Health Agency if you develop symptoms or become ill.
Please email StratNeuro@ki.se to notify us if you are unable to attend due to illness.
Other Hotel/Conference information:
All other information will be sent directly to our registered participants.
In alphabetical order:
Main event: Gilad Silberberg, Gonçalo Castelo-Branco, Karin Jensen, Ulrika Marklund, Vasco Sousa
PhD student retreat: Johanna Mayer, Konstantinos Ampatzis, Sara Coppi, Vasco Sousa, with help from Anna Canal Garcia.