Panel discussion about sickness insurance certification by young doctors
To bridge the gap between individual-focused clinical medicine and societal approaches, the course administration for the course ”Hälsa i samhälle och miljö” once again organised a panel debate in collaboration with the Swedish Society of Medicine’s student and junior doctor section. The theme was “Sickness insurance certification by young doctors – how can we improve praxis”.
Kristina Alexanderson, professor of social insurance research and head of the interdisciplinary research group ’Sickness Absence, Health, and Living Conditions’, started the evening with a short lecture on interactions between medical doctors and the Social Insurance Agency (Försäkringskassan), followed by an interactive dialogue with the panel and audience.
In addition to Kristina Alexanderson, panelists included:
- Kerstin Kjellin, lawyer, chair in Neuro Stockholm and working with legal support for members in Neuroförbundet
- Jill Taube, psychiatrist and co-founder of the Facebook group “Vem tar hand om doktorn?” together with Maria Zetterlund Gustafsson
- Ulrika Havossar , "Försäkringsdirektör" with responsibility for the health insurance ("sjukförsäkringen") at Försäkringskassan
- Anna Ericsson investigator at the National Board of Health and Wellfare’s Department for Knowledge-Based Policy of Health Care,
- Catarina Bremström, medical doctor, project leader and medical advisor at the department for health-care, Swedish Association of Local Authorities and Regions.
The organisers would like to thank the panel and the audience for engaging and interesting discussion.