Nominate yourself for participation in Global Young Scientists Summit (GYSS)
KI is invited by the National Research Foundation (NRF) in Singapore to nominate participants to the Global Young Scientists Summit in Singapore 8 – 12 January 2024.
The call is open for undergraduate students, master students and doctoral students admitted to Karolinska Institutet as well as postdoctoral scientists fulfilling the following criteria:
- Not be older than 35 years of age at the time of the Summit in January 2024
- Show a genuine interest in science and research;
- Not have participated on-site in previous GYSS, with the exception for GYSS 2021 and 2022 (online editions); and
- Not have a permanent position at KI (in general, scientists with permanent positions, in particular the professor/tenure level, will not be admitted to the Summit).
Costs covered for participants
GYSS 2024 will cover the following during the summit:
- Twin-sharing local hotel accommodation for only overseas based Participants;
- Transportation between hotel to Summit venue (i.e. NO airport transfers); and
- Some catered meals (details to be confirmed closer to date).
The internationalisation board at KI will cover the cost of the flight ticket for selected participants booked in accordance with KI travel policy.
Application and deadline
Submit your application which should consist of your name, e-mail address, date of birth, study programme or department if you are a doctoral student or postdoc, a short motivation for why you would like to participate and a short CV. The whole application must not be longer than maximum two (2) pages.
Email your application to Johanna Ackemar no later than June 21. Eligible applicants will be selected based on the criteria above. Please copy your responsible supervisor if doctoral student or postdoc.
Please note that a nomination does not guarantee an invitation to participate in GYSS 2024. The GYSS Organising Committee reserves the right to shortlist the nominees. In July 2023, nominees will be contacted by GYSS secretariat at NRF via email to complete their registration for shortlisting.
About the Global Young Scientists Summit (GYSS)
Since 2013, the GYSS has been bridging the gap between aspiring researchers and the foremost scientists and technologists of various fields. All attendees – whether on-site or online – will have the opportunity to engage and connect with distinguished speakers, which include recipients of the Nobel Prize, Fields Medal, Turing Award and Millennium Technology Prize.
The Summit offers a series of activities, including live plenary lectures, panel discussions, Q&A sessions, and networking platforms.