Course for teaching at an international university
The course "Teaching in the glocal university" is an introduction to teaching and learning at an international university. It is still possible to apply to the courses given during the Spring term.
"Based on scholarship of teaching and learning, discussions and own reflections the course will enable you to reflect upon your current teaching practices, and gaining a better understanding and appreciation of your students, their backgrounds and needs", says Natalie Jellinek, course leader.
Through this course, the participants will be able to integrate elements of international/intercultural education within an instance of teaching.
The course consists of six modules:
- Internationalisation: definition and context
- Intercultural competence and communication
- Teaching in English at the university
- Global health for global engagement
- Teaching, learning and assessment in the international university
- Internationalising an instance of teaching
The target audience is all teaching staff at KI, all levels.
Course dates 2023
The course runs online from 9 March 2023 to 17 May 2023 (equivalent to 2-weeks full-time study).