Call: Junior Investigator Award for projects at KI aimed at achieving the SDGs
The UN has developed 17 Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) to be achieved by 2030, representing some of the biggest challenges the world is facing today. KI is devoted to finding solutions to health challenges and to help fulfil these goals as described in Strategy 2030: A deep global, national, and local commitment to human health shall characterise our education and research.
Encourage junior KI-researchers to engage in SDG-related questions and to further develop research at KI aimed at fulfilling the SDGs.
Call opens: November 16, 2021, 10 am.
Call closes: January 18, 2022, 2 pm.
KI intents to fund about five projects with a budget of 100 000 - 300 000 SEK per project, including departmental INDI, for a period of one year (total budget for the call is 1.000.000 SEK). At least one of the five projects shall be linked to SDG 13 Climate action to aid the fulfillment of the goals in our climate strategy.
- The main applicant must have completed the doctoral degree after 1 January 2014 (or after 1 January 2012 in case of parental leave) and latest before the application deadline
- The main applicant must be employed at KI or affiliated to KI
- The project must be new and should be relevant to several SDGs
- Research group leader must support the project
- The head of department must sign the application in Prisma
- Collaboration with other researchers (KI, Stockholm Trio, possibly other universities) is encouraged.