Call for pedagogic course development project proposals within doctoral education 2021/2022
The Course and Programme Committee (under the Committee for Doctoral Education) announces funding regarding digitalisation and pedagogical development of existing doctoral courses. Deadline for applications is 20 August.
To enhance the quality of education at KI and support competent and committed teaching teams in their development of courses using modern pedagogy and digital tools, the Course and Programme Committee (KPK) now announces funding to be used during 2021/2022.
This initiative provides the resources necessary for financing of both time for course development for the teaching team and support from the Teaching and Learning Unit (TL). Courses developed within the framework of this initiative shall serve as inspiration in general for teachers within doctoral education at KI and promote future educational development through the dissemination of experiences. This call for proposals aims to pave the way for, for example, best practices, the benefits of which will be enjoyed by the entire KI.
The Course and Programme Committee has allocated about 600,000 SEK to be distributed between the applications that have the highest priority in the assessment.
Each project should preferably incorporate one or more generic competencies such as research communication, internationalisation, sustainable development, ethics and equal opportunities. Should any of the above be of relevance to the course content, it must be stated in the application form.
Criteria and assessment
Prerequisites to apply are:
- The application concerns an existing doctoral course and the course director must have been involved in the implementation of the course as a course director on at least one previous occasion
- Application is done by a teacher team, not a single course director
Applications received are reviewed by an assessment group appointed by the Course and Program Committee. After an initial assessment and selection, a furhter assessment is made of selected applications together with Teaching and Learning (TL). Selection and granting of funds is based on the following assessment criteria:
- Project quality and anticipated results
- The realistic expectations of the project in terms of implementation and resources
- Opportunities for dissemination of results (best practice)
- Opportunities for follow-up/evaluation of results
The application and assessment process follow the schedule below. The funds granted for the initiation of a project will be made available once a decision has been made.
• 20 August – call for proposals deadline
• 23 August – 22 September - applications assessed by a panel of assessors
• 30 September - the Course and Programme Committee decides on the awarding of funds
The application is to be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 20 August.
Please use the application form below.