Lectures and seminars LIME talks: "Stockholm healthcare response to COVID 19: pandemic update and rapid impact research into the organisation and management of pandemic response"
Join us for LIME talks with Dr John Øvretveit and learn more about the Stockholm healthcare response to COVID 19.
This LIME talks is presented by John Øvretveit, P.I., on behalf of the Joint MMC-Region Stockholm healthcare (SLSO) research team.
Dr John Øvretveit is a Professor of improvement, implementation and evaluation at Karolinska Institutet, Stockholm. And R&D Officer Stockholm healthcare system.
In March 2020 Region Stockholm healthcare implemented crisis response management for the first time. This seminar presents the history of the response over 2020/21, documented and evaluated in a partnership research study by a joint MMC and SLSO team.
The presentation will cover the following subjects which we will discuss in the second half of the seminar:
1. Introduction and general updates on the pandemic and vaccinations
2. The practical and research challenges
3. The objectives of the research
4. The methods and partnership approach
"For me as a researcher, lessons from this study are
- the importance of trust and good working relations with our clinical and management colleagues
- that rapid impact research using the right methods can contribute both to scientific knowledge and immediate practical benefits
- the limitations of our research methods and scientific knowledge about emergency response by health service delivery organisations the opportunites for research."
~ Dr John Øvretveit