Lectures and seminars GlobeLife Seminar: on "Professionalism vs Activism in Global Reproductive Health"
08-11-2021 2:00 pm - 4:00 pm Add to iCal
Online Online via Zoom.
Welcome to the network GlobeLife's seminar 'Professionalism vs Activism in Global Reproductive Health
The Case of Medical Abortion and Female Genital Mutilation/Cutting' held online on 8 November.
- Birgitta Essén, Professor in Intl. Maternal & Reproductive Health at Uppsala University
- Bettina Shell-Duncan, Professor in Anthropology at Washington University
- Ian Askew, Director of Sexual and Reproductive Health and Research, World Health Organization in Geneva (UNDP/UNFPA/UNICEF/WHO/World Bank Special Programme – HRP)
- Kristina Gemzell, Professor in Obstetrics and Gynecology at Karolinska Institutet and Director of the WHO collaborating centre for research and research training in Human Reproduction at KI and the Karolinska university hospital where medical abortion was innovated
- Vinod Diwan, Karolinska Institutet
- Lena Lennerhed, Södertörns Högskola
- Samira Dini, Uppsala University
Anders Gustafsson, Karolinska Institutet.
Join the seminar online
The GlobeLife network aims to promote cooperation to strengthen both research and education in global health at both universities. A long-term goal is joint educational initiatives, increased collaborative research projects and cooperation in supervising doctoral students.
Find more information about upcoming GlobeLife events and other events related to Global health at KI and Uppsala University, as well as recordings of previous GlobeLife seminars at globelife.se