Lectures and seminars Ethics seminar on research involving vulnerable groups - focus COVID-19
Seminar organised by Karolinska Institutet’s Ethics Council on research on persons in vulnerable groups. The focus will be on current ethical questions due to the outbreak of COVID-19.
- Introduction, Ole Petter Ottersen, president Karolinska Institutet
- Who is actually vulnerable during the pandemic? Niklas Rådström, writer, playwright and poet gives his perspective on the art of medicine and Anna Mia Ekström, professor, global infectious disease epidemiology) on indirect effects of COVID-19
- Research including critically ill and unconscious patients, Malin Jonsson Fagerlund, Associate Professor/Senior Lecturer, Karolinska Institutet
- Health inequalities and COVID-19, Anders Tegnell, State epidemiologist
- What about (research) ethics during COVID-19?, Niklas Juth, associate professor in medical ethics
Discussion and closing remarks
How to participate
Join via Zoom: https://ki-se.zoom.us/j/65966353096
Register to: firstname.lastname@example.org
The seminar will be conducted in Swedish with simultaneous translation to English.