Lectures and seminars COVID-19 - a global problem. Do we have global solutions?
Welcome to a live webinar from Karolinska Institutet with thematic panel presentations and Q&A on COVID-19-related research topics (i.e. impacts of the pandemic, critical care and diagnostics in low-and middle income settings, vaccine access, vigilance and immunology) including international and KI-based speakers.
Register to the webinar here. After registering, you will receive a confirmation email containing information about joining the webinar.
Welcome: Anna Mia Ekström & Anna Färnert
Key Note: "Equitable and just access to vaccines and critical medicines " - KI President Ole Petter Ottersen
Global health impact of COVID-19 - moderators Eleni Aklillu & Zarina Nahar Kabir
- Global health impact of COVID-19 - Helena Nordenstedt
- Child perspective on COVID-19 crisis in LMIC - Tobias Alfvén
- Social security related to COVID-19 - Knut Lönnroth
Clinical care and diagnostics - moderators Tobias Alfvén & Helena Nordenstedt
- Care of severe and critical COVID-19 in low resource settings - Tim Baker
- Increasing accessibility and throughput in COVID-19 diagnostics - Björn Reinius
- Digital diagnostics and self-monitoring - COVID-19 perspectives - Johan Lundin
- SARS CoV2 and pregnancy: global evidence generation - Anna Ekéus Thorson
COVID-19 vaccines and immunity - moderators Anders Björkman & Jonas Klingström
- COVID-19 immunology: why is there less life-threatening disease and death in Africa than in Europe? Francis Ndungu
- COVID-19 vaccine safety surveilliance - Eleni Aklillu
- COVID-19 vaccine distribution & indirect impact of the COVID-19 pandemic - Anna Mia Ekström
Summing up and way forward.