Apply as participant for Fellows In Equal Career Development (FIELD) – One KI with equal opportunities through fellow- and mentorship
Karolinska Institutet is proud to introduce this programme with mentorship, seminars and workshops, to enable you to promote equal opportunities in career development at KI. Topics covered in the program include leadership, academia, equal opportunities and networking with other participants and mentors. Both fellows and mentors are welcome to apply now.
The programme is part of a larger initiative from the Committee for research on behalf of the Faculty Board. The initiative aligns with KI strategy 2030 which states that equivalent employment conditions and career paths should be ensured for all employees regardless of background.
The programme is open to junior teachers and researchers at KI with a willingness and desire to improve equal opportunities in career development KI, and to learn more about career paths, equal opportunities, and leadership in academia, while networking with other participants and mentors. Applicants of all genders are welcome. Junior in this context means that you have finished your PhD but not yet became docent.
Number of participants
We will accept 20 participants to this programme. You will be matched with a mentor who will also participate in some of the activities in the programme.
The programme begins on October 5th 2022, and runs until June 2023, with monthly meetings at Campus Solna and Campus Flemingsberg which you are expected to attend. In addition, you and your mentor will schedule your own meetings between the workshops.
- Kickoff meeting, 5 October, Solna
- Off-site with overnight stay, 16–17 November, Vår Gård, Nacka (2 days)
- Workshop 1, 8.30-12.30, 14 December, Flemingsberg
- Breakfast 1, 8.30-10.30, 27 January, Solna
- Workshop 2, 8.30-12.30, 17 February, Solna
- Breakfast 2, 8.30-10.30, 8 March, Solna
- Workshop 3, 8.30-12.30, 30 March, Flemingsberg
- Breakfast 3, 8.30-10.30, 21 April, Solna
- Workshop 4, 8.30-12.30, 26 May, Solna
- Ending seminar, 15 June, presentation of group work, Solna
Workshops will focus on the following themes:
- Leadership in academic context
- Equality and equal opportunity
- Career paths at KI and KI as employer
- Working environment and health
Registration of interest marked with Ref. No. 2-1957/2022 to be submitted no later than 7 June to firstname.lastname@example.org, indicate you are applying as fellow.
Please enclose the following (preferably joined in a single document):
A short CV (1–2 pages) including:
- KI email address
- Gender: male / female / other / do not wish to answer
- Education and current employment, with approximate division of time between research/teaching/clinical work
- Awarded grants in the last 5 years
- Ongoing projects
- Three most important publications
Letter (1-page) in which you:
- Describe how and why you are interested in equal opportunity in career development
- Describe something that you think needs to change or develop to achieve more equal opportunities
Text (a half page) about what you wish from a mentor
In case of many applicants, priority will be given to those with 2 years’ experience post-dissertation, but all who fit the target group criteria are welcome to apply.
Further prioritisation is as follows:
- Interest and motivation
- Equal gender distribution if possible
- Distribution between departments if possible