Apply as MENTOR to the FIELD program, deadline 20 November
The FIELD (Fellows In Gender Equal Career Development) program begins in February 2024 and runs until October 2024. The program offers mentorship and seminars to enable you to promote gender equal opportunities in career development at KI.
We are looking for mentors with a willingness and desire to improve gender equal opportunities for advancing merits at KI by sharing own experiences, supporting junior researchers, and managing a mentoring group while networking with participants and other mentors.
To be a mentor, you should:
- Be employed and work at KI (preferably at least 50%)
- Have an academic level at least equal to associate professor (i.e., docent or senior lecturer)
- Be interested in improving gender equal opportunities for advancing merits at KI
- Be able to attend, se Schedule below
- Be willing to lead a mentor group consisting of 2-4 fellows during the program (period February – October 2024)
- Arrange meetings with your mentee group at times suitable for you both
Send your application with Ref. No. 2-3598/2023 to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 20 November 2023.
Attach the following (preferably as a single document):
- A short CV (1-2 pages) including:
- KI email address
- Department and degree of employment (in %)
- Gender: male / female / other / do not wish to answer
- Education and current employment, with division of research/teaching/clinical work
- Awarded grants in the last 5 years
- Research and educational interests
- Most important (max 10) publications
- Indicate that you are applying as mentor
- Letter (1-page) where you describe:
- How and why you are interested in gender equal opportunities in career development in academia
- Why you want to be a mentor in the programme
In case of many applicants, priority will be given based on the following:
- Interest and motivation
- Equal gender distribution to the extent possible
- Distribution between departments to the extent possible
- Degree of employment at KI
The program begins in February 2024 and runs to October 2024 with about one meeting per month.
February 7, at 12-17: Retreat at Vår Gård, Nacka
May 14, at 08.30–11.30: Meet up in Solna
October 17, at 08.30–13.00: Final meeting in Solna
In addition, you and your mentees will schedule your own mentoring group meetings together.
The programme is part of a larger initiative from the Committee for Research on behalf of the Faculty Board. The initiative aligns with KI’s strategy 2030 which states that equivalent employment conditions and career paths should be ensured for all employees regardless of background.