Internal courses and training Anaesthesia, analgesia & surgery
21-05-2021 Add to iCal
The main goal of this course is to provide education and training in anaesthesia and analgesia in laboratory mice and rats. The instructor for this course is the internationally recognised expert Paul Flecknell.
Education and training in anaesthesia and surgery is required for staff carrying out (Function A) or designing (Function B) major scientific procedures on animals i.e. procedures that require the use of either anaesthesia or surgery.
- Anaesthesia and analgesia in rats and mice (lectures)
- Recognition and evaluation of pain and distress in rats and mice (lectures and video exercise)
- Intubation, i.v. access (hands-on-practical)
- How to choose between different anaesthetics (theory and hands-on-practical)
- How to monitor general anaesthesia (theory and hands-on-practical)
The course is free for doctoral students and postdocs registered at Karolinska Institutet. For the rest of KI participants is 7 200 SEK (including INDI), and for externals is 9 500 SEK (excluding VAT).