A few positions still open to apply as 'mentor' to Fellows In Equal Career Development (FIELD) – deadline 18 September
Fellows In Equal Career Development (FIELD) – One KI with gender equal opportunities through fellow- and mentorship.
KI is proud to introduce this programme with mentorship, seminars and workshops, to enable you to promote equal opportunities in career development at KI.
The programme is part of a larger initiative from the Committee for research on behalf of the Faculty Board. The initiative aligns with KI strategy 2030 which states that equivalent employment conditions and career paths should be ensured for all employees regardless of background. This program focuses on gender equality.
We are seeking mentors for this programme with a willingness and desire to improve equal opportunities for advancing merits at KI while learning more about career paths in academia and leadership. As a mentor you will encourage and enable another person's professional or personal development but you as mentor will also develop and get new insights while networking with participants and mentors.
The programme begins 5 October 2022 and runs until June 2023 with about one meeting per month.
To be a mentor, we wish that you:
- Work at KI
- Have an academic level at least equal to associate professor (i.e., docent or senior lecturer)
- Are interested in improving equal opportunities for advancing merits at KI
- Can attend at the kick-off meeting, 5 October at 11-12 am at KI and the following lunch, as well as 17 November in the afternoon at Vår Gård, Nacka and ideally some of the breakfasts in the schedule below. Further, you need to arrange meetings with your mentee at times suitable for you both
- Kick-off meeting, 5 October, Solna
- Off-site, 17 November afternoon, Vår gård, Nacka
- Breakfast 1, 8.30-10.30, 27 January, Solna
- Breakfast 2, 8.30-10.30, 8 March, Solna
- Breakfast 3, 8.30-10.30, 21 April, Solna
- Last seminar, 15 June, Solna
In addition, you and your mentee will schedule your own meetings together.
Registration of interest marked with Ref. No. 2-1957/2022 to be submitted to email@example.com before 18th of September 2022. Indicate that you are applying as mentor.
Also enclose the following (preferably joined in a single document):
A short CV (1-2 pages) including:
- KI e-mail address
- Gender: male / female / other / do not wish to answer
- Education and current employment, with division of research / teaching / clinical work
- Awarded grants in the last 5 years
- Research interests
- Most important (max 10) publications
Letter (1-page) where you:
- Describe how and why you are interested in equal opportunities in career development
- Why you want to be a mentor in the programme
Prioritisation is as follows:
- Interest and motivation
- Equal gender distribution to the extent possible
- Distribution between departments to the extent possible