A call for expression of interest as course leader for the introduction to doctoral education at KI
The general introduction to doctoral education at Karolinska Institutet is mandatory for all doctoral students at KI and needs to be taken as early as possible during the first year after admission. Your task will be to facilitate the introduction and to be the course leader.
We are looking for an employee of Karolinska Institutet who has good knowledge of doctoral education at KI and wants to facilitate that newly admitted doctoral students at KI acquire good knowledge about doctoral education at KI.
To serve as facilitator and course leader for the introduction for doctoral students at KI, which consists of web courses and a face-to-face half-day.
Duties include course leadership, facilitating the regular half-days, recruitment of lecturers, assessment, evaluation and development. You will be working closely with an administrator and with actors responsible for KI’s doctoral education.
- To plan the introduction together with the administrator for the introduction.
- To promote that all newly admitted doctoral students complete all online modules.
- To answer questions from doctoral students regarding the introduction.
- To be responsible for the half-days at Campus Solna and Campus Flemingsberg
- To act as examiner of the introduction
- To take the lead regarding the development and update of the web modules of the introduction courses.
- Course analysis reporting after every term.
- Coordinating with the central director of doctoral education in case of smaller changes in arrangement of the course or in case of a wish of implementing major changes.
- Good knowledge of KI and KI’s doctoral education
- Pedagogical experience
- Excellent skills in written and spoken English
- Excellent ability to work independently, to cooperate in a team, and to collaborate with a variety of actors and stakeholders
- To take this mission, you need to be already employed at KI.
- Formal training in higher education pedagogy
- Documented good teaching skills
Type of mission: Temporary mission until 31.12.2020 with possibility for extension
Contract type: 10% of full-time working hours;
Start of mission: As soon as possible
Salary: 10% of full-time existing salary at KI; salary compensation to the department
Number of positions: 1
Working hours: 10 % of full time
Contact: Central study director Ingeborg van der Ploeg
Last application date: 15.3.2020. Interviews can be started immediately.