Lectures and seminars Stockholm Public Health Lectures: Agenda for reducing cannabis use and crime in Stockholm County
18 May The Centre for Epidemiology and Community Medicine at Region Stockholm and the Department of Global Public Health at KI invite to the lecture Agenda for reducing cannabis use and crime in Stockholm County. The lecture is based on a series of reports from the Centre on cannabis-related problems among young people in Stockholm County, with themes such as links between cannabis and lethal violence, the geography of cannabis crimes, attitudes to cannabis and health care consumption.
The lecture will be held in Swedish.
Cannabis is the most commonly illicit drug used in Sweden, and its use is greater in Stockholm than in the rest of the country. The consumption is particularly high among young adults.
Cannabis use has adverse effects on social trajectories and health. In addition, the cannabis market drives criminal activity. Broad and concerted societal actions are needed to curb these problems.
This lecture, led by Professor Rosaria Galanti, one of Sweden’s foremost experts on tobacco and drug use, will discuss a possible agenda to develop such measures.
- Rosaria Galanti, Adjunct Professor, Centre for Epidemiology and Community Medicine and Karolinska Institutet
- Sven Granath, PhD, Stockholms universitet, Swedish Police Authority, Stockholm County.
- Vania Ceccato, Professor, Department of Urban Planning and Environment, KTH Royal Institute of Technology.
- Pia Kvillemo, PhD, Stockholm Prevents Alcohol and Drug Problems (STAD), Centre for Psychiatry Research and Karolinska Institutet.
In the panel
- Jan Jönsson (L), Social Citizens’ Council, City of Stockholm.
- Johan Franck, Clinical Director of the Stockholm Centre for Dependency Disorders and RD&E Director at Stockholm County Health Care (SLSO), Region Stockholm.
Register to attend the lecture held on 18 May. The lecture is held in Swedish, is free of charge and is followed by a panel discussion and a mingling with drinks and snacks.
About Stockholm Public Health Lectures
The lecture series focuses on key topics in the area of public health, as well as issues that concern the planning and commissioning of healthcare. The lectures are free to attend and targeted to a broad audience. Stockholm Public Health Lectures is held twice per semester.