Internal courses and training Module 3: Laboratory Safety for managers at KI
This course is given by coordinators from the Safety and Security Unit.
All research group leaders/equivalents who have / will be given delegated work environment tasks in laboratory activities and / or other activities with corresponding risks that require work environment knowledge in biosafety, radiation safety and chemical safety. Participants must have previously completed "Work environment issues related to the manager's responsibility, Module 1: Systematic work environment management" during the last five years.
The aim is to give the course participants the prerequisite to be able to receive and distribute work environment tasks within laboratory safety with the goal of creating a high safety culture within KI's laboratory activities and other activities with corresponding risks.
After completing the course, participants will:
- know how to identify and minimize risks in laboratory safety
- understand their work environment responsibility for their own research group related to laboratory safety
- have knowledge of the regulations and KI's steering documents related to laboratory safety
- know what research support regarding laboratory safety is available at the departments and UF
- know which tools are available at KI to carry out systematic and proactive laboratory safety work.
The course will be held in English.
Note for fewer than 10 research group leaders, we reserve the right to set the course.
If you have any further questions or if you are unable to attend after registration: firstname.lastname@example.org