Lectures and seminars Bites of Learning 16/2: Zoom workshop & drop-in
As event as part of new 'Bites of Learning' lunch webinar series, the Unit for Teaching and Learning invite you to an Zoom workshop & drop-in for beginners and intermediate users
This session will be made up of two parts:
Part 1: Zoom workshop for beginners and intermediate users (25 minutes)
This short workshop aims to help you take the next steps in your use of Zoom, whether that is just to get started, or to help you take the next steps to help fine tune your next session.
- The basic meeting functions
- How to set up your camera and sound effectively (and on a budget).
- Tools and methods for facilitating interaction.
- A quick look at some additional services which complement Zoom’s functionality, namely Mentimeter & Padlet.
- A look at fine-tuning Zooms settings to fit the scenario which you're working with.
Part 2: Drop-in discussion about digital tools in education (20 minutes)
In this part of the session, we open the floor to discussion and questions about Zoom or any of the other digital learning tools available at KI.
Add the event to your calendar
Don't forget to add the event to your calendar. You can do this by clicking on 'Add to .ical' at the top of the page. If you're on Mac or PC you should be able to drag and drop the file into your calendar.
Join the webinar
What is Bites of Learning?
The new term brings with it a new format of continuous learning which we hope you’ll love. Here are the main changes:
- A new regular timeslot for MedEd Lab, which will between 12:15 and 13:00 on Wednesdays once every four weeks (March 9th, April 6th, May 4th)
- Two new sister-events:
- ’Discussion circle’ format which has it’s roots in a classic book circle - we lift an article, podcast episode or theme before the event and you can come and discuss the theme with other educators at KI.
- ’Workshop’ which will be a space for short tutorials, where you are also welcome to drop in with questions.