About KI News
News articles about KI’s research, doctoral education and education programmes is published on KI News, as well as news that reflects the organisation in general. KI News welcomes tips – provided below are guidelines for those who wish to provide tips.
KI News publishing guidelines
The newsworthiness of tips and events are assessed by the editor based on the following criteria:
- It is a current event that concerns KI as a whole, such as a Nobel lecture or open meeting of some sort.
- It is a current topic that concerns KI as a whole, such as strategic decisions by the university management or recent events in the outside world affecting KI as an organisation.
- Strategic funding, such as grants from the Swedish Research Council, the EU or major funding from private financiers.
- Prizes and awards, primarily those administrated by KI, but also some prominent awards from other organisations to KI co-workers.
- News about scientific articles from KI, according to our selection criteria: media launch of scientific work.
- Events and people at KI that reflect the university as a workplace and study environment.
A guide for prospective tipsters
When you contact KI News, please include the reasons why what your tip is interesting and relevant, the names of people who can tell us more (preferably with contact details), and a supporting text that answers the following questions:
- What has happened/will be happening?
- For whom is it important/who does it affect?
- How is it happening (seminar, meeting, event)?
- Why is it important?
For current KI-wide events or changes, strategic funding, and prizes and awards, email: email@example.com
News about scientific publications
News from the departments
Contact your department's editor-in-chief for their assessment of the tip. Please use the guide above when contacting the editor-in-chief. The news can be published on the department's website, in which case it can flow into the Latest news on KI News, or on a research group webpage.
Do you wish to publish calendar events, such as a public thesis defence or seminar? Contact your local editor-in-chief.
If the event is of interest to most of KI's employees and may be interesting to highlight on the Staff portal, send your tip to firstname.lastname@example.org for an assessment.
Advertise for research subjects
Do you have questions about social media? Contact: email@example.com
The Press Office
Does the matter in question relate to journalists/media outside of KI? Contact the press hotline at telephone number 08-524 860 77 or via firstname.lastname@example.org